Skip to main content

My first musical - part one

This year is my first year taking any sort of drama or acting class. And so far, I love it. I've made so many new friends because of drama and I've become a much more confident person. My drama class has helped me in many different ways. 
Every year, the drama program puts on a musical in the fall. Anyone can join, but you need to audition. So that's what I'm doing. I'm not necessarily hoping for a big part, I honestly could care less what part I get; I just want a part. It seems like fun. This Tuesday and Wednesday are try-outs. On Tuesday, we have to sing a song from a musical. On Wednesday, they teach us the choreography. I'm more worried about the singing part. You see, I wouldn't really say I'm the best singer, but I still want to try. I'm going to sing "Lifeboat" from the Heathers. It's simple, it's short.
Now, you may be wondering, "Eli, what musical are you doing?" The Addams Family. Yes, there is a musical of the Addams family. And I'm really excited. Wish me luck?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

High school and it's social food chain

High school; it seems like a great time. Especially in the movies. Highschool Musical gives a perfect view of what Highschool is really like. Everyone gets along, flashmobs happen randomly, life is perfect. You never want to leave, Right? Wrong. Now don't get me wrong, I love my friends and (some of) my classes, but it can suck at times. Especially if you're a freshman. The freshman class is at the bottom of the totem pole. Nobody really cares about the freshman sports teams, you aren't able to do certain things, nobody likes you. Some teachers will refuse to teach freshman. Why? Because they're the youngest. They smell and don't know how things work. I am a freshman. Although, I'd like to believe that I don't smell. But who knows. I would say pep rallies are the worst. Freshman always  lose at everything in pep rallies. Doesn't matter what happens, the seniors will most likely win. They could do absolutely nothing and they could probably win. I once ...

My favorite season

Can we take some time to appreciate fall for a second? In my opinion, this time of year is my favorite. The colors, the rain, the smell. I love it all! Not to mention, it's acceptable to wear a sweater 24/7. I walk to school every morning so I'm able to walk in the cold air and look around at all the pretty colors and falling leaves. Although, it can get a bit too cold some mornings. Usually, I'll just put on some gloves and enjoy the walk. One of my favorite things to do around this time of year is to sit next to a window while it's raining in some comfy clothes and either watch the rain or read a good book. Maybe that makes me a stereotypical  Tumblr girl, but I don't really care.

Digital Art

I would consider myself a digital artist. I know I'm not the best at it, but there is always room for improvement, right? On the right is a picture I did recently. It's my character, Taya. I've had Taya for some time now but she isn't my oldest character. Now, Ari or Oliver, I have some old art of them. I do my digital art on a drawing tablet. The current Tablet I have is a NuVision Kickstand 11 Draw that I was fortunate enough to get for my birthday. It was about $200 dollars and I am very grateful for it. The one I had before though, I bought myself. It's a Huion H6 10 Pro and that was about $80. The difference between the two is that my NuVision is a touchscreen while my Huion isn't. But drawing tablets aren't the only way you can draw. There are really good artists out there that use mouses or touchpads. And to them, I tip my hat. Drawing with a mouse is hard, but not impossible. Like everything else in the art world, it takes time and practice. And th...